Instead I made a list of 5 things I will NOT do this year
I feel like we’ve all, at some point in our lives, broken or quit New Year’s Resolutions. Or….am I the only one?
I’m not? Good.
I’m glad I’m not alone.
That’s exactly why I stopped making them.
I got sick of disappointing myself and the mental struggle that went along with it for not being able to stick with them.
That’s when I made a decision.
If I want to eat healthy I can do it any day I want.
When I’m ready to try a new schedule or new organizational method I’ll just try.
I don’t have to wait until New Year’s to do it. And neither do you!
If you’ve stopped making resolutions, or made some but are not happy with your results, try this instead…..
Make a list of things you will NOT do this year!
I do this every year.
It’s not a list of resolutions I can break. It’s a list of things I do not want to do anymore. Things I want to change about business and/or myself and the way I live.
It has changed my whole outlook on how my year would go.
When I wrote my first 5 Things I Will NOT Do list back in 2016 (on my crochet blog) I did so good about sticking to that list.
My lists in 2019 & 2020 . . . . not as successful. Even my 2021 list wasn’t 100% successful, but I did make progress.
But I feel like my life has changed so much the last few years that I’m ready to make another list. And this time I’m going to read it regularly.
So, here goes . . . . .
5 THINGS I WILL NOT DO IN 2024
- I will not be a fair weather blogger anymore – Honestly, I feel like “I will not ignore my blog” ends up on this list every other year or so. This year I’m recommitting to it with a twist. It’s not about ignoring my blog (which I don’t really do anymore anyway). It’s more about making it a priority and having a long term committment to it. I love helping people with their crochet on my Ambassador Crochet blog. And now I want to help work-from-home moms as well with this blog.
- I will not put my health and wellness goals on the back burner anymore – This one is hard for me. I have a tendency to put either 200% into something or 0%. So, when I’m running or working out regularly, I do it daily. If I miss a week for being sick or it’s just a crazy week, it will literally take me 9 months to recreate those habits again. This year I would like to get back on the hampster wheel and eat less junk, stop putting off my workouts, and get back to feeling good about myself.
- I will not keep things that don’t serve me anymore – I have realized over the past couple years that clutter is a stress trigger for me. I also know that when I’m overwhelmed that causes me to avoid things and it creates an endless loop. But this past December I cleared out one room in my home that was notorious for collecting junk and got rid of a bunch of clutter. It was SO freeing! For the first 24 hours I literally felt like crying every time I walked into that room. Please know, if this is something you struggle with you are not alone. Feel free to email me and I can try and help you through it.
- I will not give up on my business goals – Years ago I remember thinking that when my kids were older I just wanted to put more hours/effort into my business instead of going back to work outside the home. (If you love working outside the home that is great! I just wanted this path for me and my family.) So far I’m succeeding at that goal. But I’m also a single mom so I need to do more than just survive. I want to not have to worry about emergencies and long-term home projects, etc.
- I will not talk so much – I want to learn to listen more and talk less. I try to let people know I can relate by sharing a similar story and I’m also a problem solver by nature. Those two things have made me realize lately that I interject a lot and I want to stop doing that. This is also my word of the year so that I can keep working on it throughout the year.
QUIT THE RESOLUTIONS BEFORE YOU MAKE THEM
This year, instead of worrying about breaking your New Year’s resolutions, try making your own list of 5 things you won’t do in 2024.
Leave a comment and let me know what’s going to be on your list!
I’m looking forward to an amazing 2024!