Did you pick a 2023 word of the year? Do you wonder…. what’s the point?
I do it because it helps me to stay focused on what/how I want my year to go. And sometimes I go a month (or longer) without remembering to stay focused, but then I get back up and try again.
I’ve been doing it every year since 2014, and to be honest, those first couple years I didn’t take it nearly as seriously as I have the past 4 years.
But the results I had when I started taking it seriously were so evident that I don’t take picking my word for the year lightly anymore. Three years ago I felt like my business (and my life) were on a roller coaster. I was struggling to be consistent with anything so, I chose the word consistency. And I stuck to that word for the entire year! I am happy to say that even in the midst of the hardest personal time of my life, my business still grew almost 60% that year and I knew it was a direct result of the word I chose.
2023 Word of the Year
This past year my biggest struggle was working on things that either overwhelmed me because of time or just needing to do research, etc. I went back and forth on two words.
Action or Perseverence
Ultimately, it came down to needing to put my to-do list in motion. Once it’s in motion I don’t have as much of a hard time keeping the ball rolling. I feel like perseverence is more of an attitude/mind word and action is more of a motion/verb.
So, I chose ACTION.
I’m committing to taking action in 2023.
I’m going to take action on all the things that I tend to procrastinate on or put off until I have more time/energy.
My first word of the year was in 2014 and it was FOCUS. Since then I’ve had the words Confidence (2016), Consistency (2020), Courage (2021) more. (All these posts were previously written on my Ambassador Crochet blog).
This year I will aim to take action on every goal I have and every gameplan I make.
Below are just some of the life categories I focus on and how I will take action in those areas.
- Financial: I will take action with my finances, staying on course with my spending budget as well as taking action towards saving for my future. I want to be thriving financially by the end of 2023.
- Physical: I will take action with my running and workout schedules – because sometimes putting on my running gear and sneakers is the hardest part of my run. I will also take action this year to add some toning exercises back into my routine. My crazy 2023 goal – I will run a minimum of 1 mile every day for 365 days AND I will aim to run 700 miles by the end of the year.
- Spiritual: I will take action with setting aside time each day to read my personal development books and devotions. Then I will take action to implement the changes I would like to make in my life and business.
- Mental: I will take action with my household chores and getting rid of unused/unneeded clutter. Then I plan to keep up with it on a weekly schedule. I know this is a stress trigger for me so by taking action it will help manage/reduce that stress.
- Relational: I will take action in my relationships and make time for my family and friends so they know how important they are to me. I will also try to have “work hours” and “family hours” and aim to turn the work off and be more in the moment with my kids to give them my undivided attention.
Now that I’ve decided to take action, I will try to remind myself:
“Action is the foundational key to all success.” ~ Pablo Picasso
With every decision and action I make, I will try to remember to ask myself….. Is this going to move me toward my goals (clean house, successful business, etc)? My ultimate goal is to take action each day. I want to improve my relationships with those that matter most, build my business, and live a clutter-free life. Combined those will give me the life I keep dreaming of having.
Do you pick a word for the year? What will be your word to focus on this year? I’d love to know.
Looking forward to a great 2023!